In the Recovery Area
- After procedure, you will be moved to the recovery area where you will be closely monitored until you are ready to go home.
- When you are fully awake, your family will be able to join you. Although the times vary, most patients are discharged 1 to 3 hours after surgery.
- It is normal to feel discomfort in the area of your surgery. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness, depending on the type of anesthesia you received.
At Home After Your Procedure
- Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for care while recovering at home. In the event of any difficulty, please call your surgeon.
- For the first 24 hours following your procedure, do not engage in strenuous activities, drink alcoholic beverages, drive or make critical decisions.
- A nurse from the facility will attempt to call you within a day or two to evaluate how you are recovering at home.
- You will be asked to complete a questionnaire about the care you received. Your comments will enable us to continue to improve our services.
Next Step - Read the Pre-Op Instructions.
Download the Pre-Op and Post-Op Instructions.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Check out the FAQs.